Daniel Bensimon was born in Montreal, Canada and grew up in Boca Raton, Florida. He graduated cum laude with a Bachelors of Science in Finance from Yeshiva University’s Sy Syms School of Business in New York City. During college, Daniel was a member of Yeshiva’s NCAA Division III men’s basketball team.
Daniel went on to graduate from the University of Miami School of Law, where he was a Dean’s Merit Scholarship recipient and was President of the Jewish Comparative Law Society. Daniel subsequently earned his Master of Laws in Taxation, with a certification in International Tax, from the University of Miami School of Law.
Daniel was the Co-Director of the Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar Tax Section and is a member of the Greater Boca Raton Estate Planning Council. Daniel is a “Rising Star” in the Super Lawyers magazine. Additionally, Daniel was nominated to Florida Trend magazine’s “Legal Elite”. Daniel is a frequent lecturer at various legal and accounting forums and is often called upon to write tax articles in leading legal publications.
In May 2011, Daniel was appointed the New Leadership Chair for Israel Bonds in Palm Beach County. Daniel was selected, among a handful of professionals across the country, to travel to Israel with Israel Bonds, meet government leaders and discuss policy issues. In addition, Daniel serves on the national board of New Leadership for Israel Bonds.
Daniel’s legal background encompasses a wide range of wealth preservation planning, business planning and taxation law- both domestic and international.
Daniel has authored several tax-related articles, which have been published in various legal journals.
Daniel is a member of the Nevada and Florida Bars and the Tax Section of the Nevada and Florida Bars.
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, with a concentration in International Tax
- University of Miami School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- Yeshiva University B.S., Finance
Publications & Lectures
- Speaker, Tax Issues and Planning for Canadian Clients with U.S. Ties, RBC Bank, Montreal, Canada, March 2013.
- Speaker, 29th Annual Florida Bar/FICPA International Tax Conference on “The PFIC Storm: A Preparation and Survival Guide”, Miami, Florida, January 13, 2011.
- Author, “When to report ordinary income if a partnership with hot assets redeems a partnership interest and the liquidating distributions are made over several tax years” , Florida Bar Journal, October 2009.
- Speaker, Ullman Year in Review in Amelia Island on “International Tax Developments and the Stop Tax Haven Abuse Act”, July 2009.
- Speaker, Ullman Year in Review in Amelia Island on “International Tax Developments and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act”, July 2010.
- Commentator, “FATCA Comments to the IRS on Notice 2010-60”.
- Speaker, Monroe County Chapter of the FICPA on “The Tax Implications of Short Sales & Foreclosures”, Hawks Cay Resort, Duck Key, Florida, September 2009.
- Author, “It Is All Within The Family: Family limited Partnership Valuation Discounts and Intergenerational Transfers”, BNA Estates, Gifts & trusts Journal, November 2010.
- Author, “Protecting Your Assets Before You Remarry: An Innovative Approach, Jewish Divorce Network (February 2011)
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” in the field of tax law by SuperLawyer Magazine (2010-2012).
- Recognized as an “Up-And-Comer” in Florida Trend’s 2010 & 2011 Florida Legal Elite.
- Nominated to the National Board of Israel Bonds New Leadership division.
- Tax Section of the Florida Bar
- Greater Boca Raton Estate Planning Council
- Former Director, New Tax Lawyers Committee for the Tax Section of the Florida Bar
- Conversant in French