Daniel Bensimon, Esq.
2000 Glades Road, Suite 312
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
Daniel Bensimon was born in Montreal, Canada and grew up in Boca Raton, Florida. He graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Finance from Yeshiva University’s Sy Syms School of Business in New York City. During college, Daniel was a member of Yeshiva’s NCAA Division III men’s basketball team.
Daniel went on to graduate from the University of Miami School of Law, where he was a Dean’s Merit Scholarship recipient and was President of the Jewish Comparative Law Society. Daniel subsequently earned his Master of Laws in Taxation, with a certification in International Tax, from the University of Miami School of Law.
Daniel was the Co-Director of the Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar Tax Section and is a member of the Greater Boca Raton Estate Planning Council. Daniel has been named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine, and part of the “Legal Elite” by Florida Trend Magazine. Daniel is a frequent lecturer at various legal and accounting forums and is often called upon to write tax articles in leading legal publications.
In May 2011, Daniel was appointed the New Leadership Chair for Israel Bonds in Palm Beach County and was honored, alongside his wife and children, at their 2015 annual dinner. Daniel was selected, among a handful of professionals across the country, to travel to Israel with Israel Bonds, meet government leaders and discuss policy issues. In addition, Daniel had the honor of serving on the national board of new leadership for Israel Bonds.
Daniel’s legal background encompasses a wide range experience in wealth preservation planning, business planning, asset protection and taxation law – both domestic and international, and has authored several tax-related articles, which have been published in various legal journals.
Bar and Court Admission
Florida State Bar
Nevada State Bar
- University of Miami School of Law, M. in Taxation, with a concentration in International Tax
- University of Miami School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- Yeshiva University S., Finance
Publications & Lectures
- Speaker, “Tax Issues and Planning for Canadian Clients with U.S. Ties,” RBC Bank, Montreal, Canada, March 2013.
- Commentator, “FATCA Comments to the IRS on Notice 2010-60.”
- Speaker, “The PFIC Storm: A Preparation and Survival Guide,” 29th Annual Florida Bar/FICPA International Tax Conference, Miami, Florida, January 13, 2011.
- Author, “It is All Within the Family: Family Limited Partnership Valuation Discounts and Intergenerational Transfers,” BNA Estates, Gifts & Trusts Journal, November 2010.
- Speaker, “International Tax Developments and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act,” Tax Section of the Florida Bar, Ullman Year in Review, Amelia Island, Florida, July 2010.
- Author, “When to report ordinary income if a partnership with hot assets redeems a partnership interest and the liquidating distributions are made over several tax years,” Florida Bar Journal, October 2009.
- Speaker, “The Tax Implications of Short Sales & Foreclosures,” Monroe County Chapter of the FICPA, Hawks Cay Resort, Duck Key, Florida, September 2009.
- Speaker, “International Tax Developments and the Stop Tax Haven Abuse Act,” Tax Section of the Florida Bar, Ullman Year in Review, Amelia Island, Florida, July 2009.
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” in the field of tax law by Super Lawyer Magazine 2010-2018.
- Recognized as an “Up-And-Comer” in Florida Trend’s 2010 & 2011 Florida Legal Elite.
- Appointed to the National Board of Israel Bonds New Leadership division.
- Tax Section of the Florida Bar
- Greater Boca Raton Estate Planning Council
- Former Director, New Tax Lawyers Committee for the Tax Section of the Florida Bar
- Conversant in French