Elysa R. Merlin, Esq.
(T) (305) 921-9421
(F) (305) 395-3978
20295 NE 29th Place, Suite 201
Aventura, FL 33180
Elysa R. Merlin is a tax associate at Dorot & Bensimon PL, focusing primarily in the field of international and domestic wealth planning. Her practice includes estate planning, pre-immigration and expatriation planning for non-U.S. persons, and planning for foreign investment in U.S. real property. Elysa also focuses on international and domestic tax controversy, business planning, and charitable planning.
Elysa is a native of Miami, Florida where she attended Ransom Everglades School. She graduated cum laude from The George Washington University with a Bachelor of Business Administration and a concentration in Business Economics and Public Policy. Elysa earned her law degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law and she obtained a Certificate in Trusts & Estates. Elysa then graduated from the Georgetown University Law Center with an LL.M. in Taxation and she received a Certificate in Estate Planning.
Prior to joining Dorot & Bensimon PL, Elysa practiced international taxation at the Miami office of a national law firm.
Bar and Court Admissions
Florida State Bar
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in Taxation, Estate Planning Certificate
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Juris Doctorate, Trusts & Estates Certificate
- The George Washington University, B.B.A., Business Economics and Public Policy
- Author, “Buying America! Foreign Investment in U.S. Real Property: Recap and New Developments,” The Florida Bar Journal, April 2017.
- Author, “How to Make Lifetime Transfers Without Gift Tax Exposure: Effectively Funding a Grantor Trust with Debt,” The Florida Bar Tax Section Bulletin, Spring/Summer 2016.
- Tax Section of The Florida Bar
- 2015-2016 New Tax Lawyer Fellowship of the Tax Section of the Florida Bar
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” in the field of tax law by Super Lawyer Magazine 2019.
- Conversant in Spanish