Elysa M. Lankri, Esq.
(T) (305) 921-9421
(F) (305) 395-3978
20295 NE 29th Place, Suite 201
Aventura, FL 33180
Elysa Merlin Lankri is a tax associate at Dorot & Bensimon PL, and practices in the field of international tax, with a focus on individual planning and compliance. Her practice includes pre-immigration and expatriation planning for non-U.S. persons, planning for foreign investment in U.S. real property, and counseling clients in compliance matters related to offshore financial accounts. Elysa also focuses on international and domestic tax controversy and corporate taxation, pre-immigration tax planning, expatriation, as well as planning for offshore foundations, trusts, and corporations.
Elysa is a native of Miami, Florida where she attended Ransom Everglades School. She graduated cum laude from The George Washington University with a Bachelor of Business Administration and a concentration in Business Economics and Public Policy. Elysa earned her law degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law and she obtained a Certificate in Trusts & Estates. Elysa then graduated from the Georgetown University Law Center with an LL.M. in Taxation and she received a Certificate in Estate Planning.
Prior to joining Dorot & Bensimon PL, Elysa practiced international taxation at the Miami office of a national law firm.
Bar and Court Admissions
Florida State Bar
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in Taxation, Estate Planning Certificate
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Juris Doctorate, Trusts & Estates Certificate
- The George Washington University, A., Business Economics and Public Policy
- Author, “Buying America! Foreign Investment in U.S. Real Property: Recap and New Developments,” The Florida Bar Journal, April 2017.
- Author, “How to Make Lifetime Transfers Without Gift Tax Exposure: Effectively Funding a Grantor Trust with Debt,” The Florida Bar Tax Section Bulletin, Spring/Summer 2016.
- Tax Section of The Florida Bar
- 2015-2016 New Tax Lawyer Fellowship of the Tax Section of the Florida Bar
- Conversant in Spanish