Elysa Merlin Lankri is an associate at Dorot & Bensimon PL, and practices in the field of international tax, with a focus on individual planning and compliance. Her practice includes pre-immigration and expatriation planning for non-U.S. persons, planning for foreign investment in U.S. real property, and counseling clients in the IRS’s Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program. Elysa also focuses on foreign and domestic trust and estate planning and domestic tax controversy.
Elysa is a native of Miami, Florida where she attended Ransom Everglades School. She graduated cum laude from The George Washington University with a Bachelor of Business Administration and a concentration in Business Economics and Public Policy. Elysa earned her law degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law and she obtained a Certificate in Trusts & Estates. Elysa then graduated from the Georgetown University Law Center with an LL.M. in Taxation and she received a Certificate in Estate Planning.
Elysa is licensed to practice law in Florida. Prior to joining Dorot & Bensimon, Elysa practiced international tax at the Miami office of a large national law firm.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in Taxation, Estate Planning Certificate
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Juris Doctorate, Trusts & Estates Certificate
- The George Washington University, B.A., Business Economics and Public Policy
- Author, “How to Make Lifetime Transfers Without Gift Tax Exposure: Effectively Funding a Grantor Trust with Debt,” The Florida Bar Tax Section Bulletin, Spring/Summer 2016.
- Author, “Buying America! Foreign Investment in U.S. Real Property: Recap and New Developments,” The Florida Bar Journal, April 2017
- Tax Section of The Florida Bar
- BNI Biscayne Connection
- 2015-2016 New Tax Lawyer Fellowship of the Tax Section of the Florida Bar
- Conversant in Spanish