Jerome Hesch, Esq.
Special Tax Counsel
(T) (305) 921-9421
(F) (305) 395-3978
20295 NE 29th Place, Suite 201
Aventura, FL 33180
After 20 years as a full-time law professor, Jerry Hesch became a practicing tax lawyer, but continues as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Miami School of Law, Graduate Programs in Estate Planning and Taxation and is an adjunct law professor at Florida International University.
Jerry is a frequent lecturer in the field of taxation law regularly teaches at continuing legal education seminars throughout the country, such as the NYU Annual Institute on Taxation, the University of Southern California Tax Institute and the Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning. Jerry also served on the Drafting Committee for the Florida Revised Uniform Partnership Act and the Florida Governor’s Unitary Tax Study Committee.
Jerry has authored and co-authored numerous educational publications in the field of taxation law, including a law school casebook on Federal income taxation now in its third edition: The Individual Tax Base: Cases, Problems and Policies in Federal Taxation (with Prof. Laurie Malman, NYU, Prof. Linda Sugin, Fordham and Prof. Lewis Solomon, The George Washington University).
As Special Tax Counsel for Dorot & Bensimon PL, Jerry’s client base consists of some of the most respected tax attorneys in the country. Located in the Aventura office of the firm, Jerry is regularly involved in the firm’s most complex and innovative strategies and is a treasure trove of knowledge and ideas.
The self-proclaimed “Mick Jagger of Tax Attorneys,” Jerry can be spotted on the streets of Aventura cruising on his motorcycle or driving his red, convertible Triumph.
After earning his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from the University of Michigan and his law degree from the University of Buffalo, Jerry went on to work at the Office of Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service, Washington, D.C. from 1970 to 1975, and then became a full-time law professor from 1975 through 1994.
- Florida State Bar
- New York State Bar
- University at Buffalo Law School, Juris Doctor.
- The University of Michigan, Master of Business Administration.
- The University of Michigan, Bachelor of Arts.
Honors & Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Speaker
- University of Miami Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning, Speaker
- University of Southern California Tax Institute, Speaker
- New York University Institute on Federal Taxation, Speaker
- America College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), Member
- Florida International University, Adjunct Professor of Law (Miami, FL)
- Thomas University, Adjunct Professor of Law (Miami, FL)
- University of Miami School of Law (Graduate Programs in Estate Planning and Taxation), Adjunct Professor, 1975 – 1994
- Albany Law School, Union University, Law Professor, 1975 – 1994